What a week! I really feel God working in my life and speaking to me…showing me He is faithful and that I can trust Him with all my heart.
I don’t know why I still have trouble trusting Him. As I look back over the past few years, He has been so loving and faithful. It happens though every time when things get tough and I just don’t know how we are going to get by financially, I start worrying and trying to find a solution.
Over the past few months I have been on a few interviews, felt really good about them, and then didn’t end up getting the job. As I look back, my focus was more on the extra money we would have and not the job itself. I have had to let go and just trust and that is very hard for me. He has always provided for us so why do I still doubt?
This past week I have focused more on Him and the blessings He has given us. I have spent more time thinking about the dreams He has put in my heart and asking Him what His plans are for me and my family. I was able to let go and feel a peace about our finances.
Well let me just tell you, I used our Bible study phrase of the week when we got a check in the mail this weekend…Say What? He had provided for our needs and then some!! My husband received his commission check for the month and it was much more than we ever expected. I stopped right then and there and thanked God. Then I felt guilty for not trusting Him like I should.
I can’t tell you that my doubt won’t creep in again and that I won’t worry, but I am a work in progress. My Bible study and the lessons that we are learning at church are helping me grow and change how I handle life.
I love that my Bible study and our lessons at church are emphasizing some of the same things. I can feel my Father speaking to me.
Some reminders from church this morning…
- God hears – He hears our complaints and loves us anyway.
- God is near – We have to slow down sometimes to feel His presence. Sometimes we work so hard to honor God that we miss His presence.
- God provides – Provides everything we need, when we need it.
- God tests – The purpose is so that we see our hearts and mature in our faith.
- God is so generous – If you have God, what else do you really need?
Here are some notes from my study…
- Find a quiet place – Choose a quiet comfortable place where you won’t be interrupted or distracted.
- Invite God to guide you – As you begin to review your day in God’s presence, ask Him to guide and teach you.
- Begin with gratitude – Look back on your day–morning, afternoon and evening–and notice all the ways in which you experienced God’s goodness.
- Look for leadings – Now go through your day again–morning, afternoon, and evening. You may want to imagine that Jesus is sitting with you while you watch a video replay of your day. When something you see catches your attention, push the “pause” button. Then ask Jesus for His guidance and insight.
It is all about spending time with Him, to feel His presence, trusting Him with everything, and letting Him guide us.
How about you? Did you have a Say What? moment this week? Are there things in your life that you need to let go of? I’d love to hear from you and pray for you!
Blessings to You,